The Villanovan’s Guide to the Ultimate Hot Girl Walk

Chloe Miller
Tune into this article to discover the best kept hot girl walk spots on campus.

The “Hot Girl Walk” has taken the internet by storm in recent years. It’s a workout, an event and some may even call it a mindset. As someone who grew up in a big city, going on walks is one of my favorite things to do. Although finding places at Villanova to have a hot girl walk is more challenging than a large city, The Villanovan is here to help students make it work.

Hot girl walks are a great way to get exercise after class when one has too much energy, and an even better way to wind down and have some alone time at the end of the day. So, in an effort to encourage more people to take a hot girl walk, below are some of the best places around campus to do so.

The first recommendation on this list is the sidewalk on Lancaster Ave. by The Commons. Dusk at Villanova is probably the most beautiful time of day and walking down this sidewalk toward the edge of main campus is one of the best ways to experience its full color. The sky takes on orange, red and pink hues that glow even as nightfall washes over everything else. This is the best time and place for a quiet walk to clear your mind.

“Sunset walks are the best,” a senior said. “It is the perfect time to take an aesthetic picture of campus.”

If one is more of a social butterfly who wants to be in the middle of all the action, no place is better than right through main campus. Walking through Rowen Campus Green, past the Oreo or straight across the Quad are paths many people follow to and from classes. Many of these sights are taken for granted in the bustle of school life. Taking the time to walk just for the sake of it, with no destination in mind, allows one to put aside any current stressors and let their mind wander. They can think about far-fetched goals, speculate about what the people around them are doing as they rush past or simply daydream. The hot girl walk can be anything one wants it to be.

Nothing says “hot girl walk” more than getting a beverage on the way. Sometimes, the reward is half of the fun and, with a Starbucks so close to campus, why not make a little event of it?

Freshman Emma Cote loves walking through the surrounding suburbs, saying that “cutting through [the] neighborhood to go to the Starbucks” is the “highlight of [her] week.”

Cote’s Sunday morning ritual is perfect for getting in some alone time while experiencing what the area around Villanova has to offer. The tree-lined streets are sure to be the perfect atmosphere for a hot girl walk, whether it’s in the morning like Cote or any time of the day.

The Main Line is known for its beautiful, old homes. Looking to take advantage of the architecture in the area? The neighborhoods behind South Campus will let you do just that. There are streets flooded with million-dollar homes and an abundance of neighborhoods for one to stroll through. Many Villanovans, like senior Maggie Winston, have become familiar with the stunning neighborhoods and kind locals right in Villanova’s backyard.

“I run behind South Campus every morning,” Winston said. “Nothing beats a sunrise back in those neighborhoods. The people are so friendly and, honestly, it’s just fun to look at all of the houses.” 

For upperclassmen on West Campus, Stoneleigh: A Natural Garden is the perfect getaway spot for a hot girl walk. This 42-acre property contains a multitude of wildlife, gardens, fields, and even a Tudor mansion. One will find themselves enchanted by the flora and fauna of these gardens.

“Stoneleigh is the perfect location for a hot girl walk,” junior AnNa Hughes said. “I have been to the gardens for some of my science classes, and it is so beautiful. I cannot wait until it is fall, and all the trees turn different shades of orange in the garden.”

Villanovans are easily stressed and hyper competitive. They should take some time in their days to go on a walk just for the fun of it and to enjoy Villanova’s campus for all it has to offer. It is easy to let the days pass by when school seems to take over everything, and taking just a few moments for oneself is vital to escaping the pull of stress. Walking is a wonderful way to decompress, especially after being stuck in the library or a dorm room for hours. A hot girl walk might be just what we all need to brighten up the coming fall days.