Homecoming is coming, are you?

Regan Greco

Fall generally means two things to Villanova students: fall break and Homecoming. This year, the Villanova Alumni Association will host Homecoming this weekend.

“Homecoming weekend at Villanova is a wonderful tradition for students and alumni,” Christine Acchione, assistant director for Campus Programs and coordinator for Homecoming weekend, said.

“It’s an opportunity for the students to have a good time while interacting with alumni and their families ¾ to show them that although the University has grown and changed over the years, it’s still a special place full of people with a passion for their school.

She added, “for alumni, it’s a time to reminisce with friends and classmates and to revisit our beautiful campus.”

Homecoming weekend features events for alumni, students and friends of all ages. From athletic events to picnics, the weekend has it all!

Weekend Schedule:

Today·Hoops Mania: 8 p.m. , Jake Nevin Fieldhouse. Watch the men’s and women’s intrasquad scrimmages and enjoy other entertainment for all ages.

·Class of ’98 Five-Year Reunion (see Web for details)

Saturday·Men’s Basketball Blue and White Scrimmage 10:30 a.m., Jake Nevin Fieldhouse

·Student Party Noon – 3:30 p.m., The Quad Join students in the Quad for free food, entertainment, music and games.

·Alumni Family Picnic. noon – 3:30 p.m., Sheehan Beach. Celebrate Homecoming 2003! Alumni and seniors are invited to attend and must enter through the student entrance. All seniors must have a Wildcard and valid photo ID. Seniors 21 and over may purchase and consume alcohol with proper identification.

·Villanova Football vs. University of Massachusetts. 3:30 p.m., Villanova Stadium. Cheer on the Villanova Wildcats as they face the UMass Minutemen.

Sunday·Class of ’98 Reunion Mass 10 a.m., Corr Chapel. Celebrate mass with your fellow classmates in honor of your five year reunion.

·Class of ’98 Reunion Brunch. 11 a.m. – 1 p.m., Donahue Dining Hall, (“The Spit”) South Campus. Conclude your weekend with your classmates over a great brunch on South campus.