Golf Takes Home Wildcat Invitational

Senior Peter Weaver came in first at the Wildcat Invitational for the second year in a row.

Villanova men’s golf secured victory at the highly anticipated Wildcat Spring Invitational for the second year in a row.

The Wildcats showcased their prowess in the tournament, held on April 15 and 16 at Lulu Country Club in Glenside, Pa.

With dominating performances from senior Peter Weaver (-7) and sophomore Ryan Pamer (-4), the Wildcats exhibited their dominance on the greens, setting the pace for an impressive performance. After three rounds, Villanova had a 13-shot lead on second place St. Joseph’s.   

Led by Weaver’s second year in a row coming in first, the Wildcats had four players inside the top 10 in the tournament. The team showcased their skills, maneuvering through the course with precision and finesse. 

One of the defining characteristics of the Villanova’s victory was its seamless teamwork and collaboration, with each member of the team contributed significantly to the overall success.

Looking ahead to the remainder of the season, the Wildcats celebrate their victory at the Spring Invitational, while setting their sights on the Big East Tournament. The tournament will takes place at South Carolina, beginning on April 27, as Villanova looks to bring home a Big East crown.