Career Services offers worthwhile student resources

It runs through most of our minds everyday – “What do I want to do when I graduate and how am I going to do it?” This dilemma is one of the reasons Villanova has established its Career Services center for students. Over the past two years, it seems that with improved advertising and promoting, as well as more offerings, Career Services has developed into one of the most helpful resources on campus.

One of its biggest events, the Career Fair held this past Wednesday, was a huge success and allowed many students to network with representatives from top companies. Over 115 companies were present at the Fair, creating an ideal atmosphere for students who aren’t quite sure where to look for a job or internship. The Fair was easy to navigate, and all the representatives at company tables were friendly, helpful and incredibly enthusiastic about being at Villanova.

In addition to the Career Fair, Career Services offers many other resources of which students should take advantage. Resume writing, mock-interviews, networking workshops, on campus interviews by corporations and guest speakers are among the things advertised on the Career Services website, http://careers.villanova.edu.

Besides all of these offerings, the website is helpful to all students, especially to juniors and seniors who are in the market for a job or internship. The Experience account, also run by Career Services, is one of its best features. It allows students to post their resume in an online database so that it may be viewed by employers. This is additionally helpful for employers in an area of interest to students which is not restricted to the nearby Philadelphia area. In addition, there is a catalog of internship and job offerings which is very helpful for students who may be uncertain as to what they will pursue in the future.

Overall, Career Services is a valuable resource to all University students. Not only is the website well-maintained with a variety of helpful resources, the staff members are enthusiastic and willing to help. The people at the office are there to help us with questions about our futures that we ponder each day. Villanova students should embrace all that Career Services offers and take full advantage of its many resources.