Program to help prepare students for life after college

Diana Nubile

In a few short weeks, the class of 2005 will return to campus as second semester seniors, ready to tackle the final 16 weeks of their undergraduate career.

Over the last seven semesters, the senior class has mastered all aspects of the University; not a single portion of campus life has eluded them.

Now, the time has come for the seniors to become just as confident in their success beyond the University.

On Sunday, Jan. 16, the Senior Steps program is sponsoring an event that will help members of the senior class prepare for their transition from college to the real world.

“Everything You Didn’t Learn in Class: A Professional Conference for Soon-to-be Graduates” is the first Senior Steps event of the second semester. It will focus on creating ties among members of the class of 2005 in addition to preparing them for life after graduation.

This professional conference for seniors will address such topics as how to manage money, how to maintain a healthy lifestyle and how to use the available alumni connections.

Students who attend the conference, which will be held at the Villanova Conference Center, will be able to choose three workshops, each of which will be presented by University faculty, administrators and alumni. Examples of the workshops include: “Relocating to a New City after Graduation,” “Cooking 101: Conquering the Kitchen,” “Insurance 101,” “Debt Management,” “Finance for Non-finance majors” and “w4401KHMO – Translating Benefits Packages.”

Following the conference, a Senior Mass will be held at St. Thomas of Villanova Church, immediately followed by a cocktail reception at J.B. Garrett’s.

If you are interested in attending the conference, stop in 207 Dougherty Hall and purchase a $10 ticket before winter break. For more information, visit the Senior Class website at www.villanova.edu/seniors.