King of Prussia mall not the only shopping destination

Daria Gredysa

While the Main Line is obviously notorious for its lively collegiate bar scene and dainty restaurants, trendy shopping can not be overlooked. Many younger Villanovans, without easy access to a vehicle, stick to the King of Prussia mall and the convenient and friendly school transportation to satiate their money-splurging tendencies.

However with the warmer weather bound to re-appear any day now, I encourage you all to revamp those wardrobes and shed some layers. Ladies, let us emerge from our hibernation modes and take a walk, or a jog for the more ambitious, to re-accessorize our super-cute selves with some super-cute spring outfits.

A couple of my personal favorites are both to the left and to the right of our beautiful campus. So starting in Pike Lot and facing Bartley, turn right and first hit up Smith Bros. in Bryn Mawr. Freshmen Allison Gray reports, “My roomie works there!” so they are proudly Villanova-staffed, and they also carry amazing jeans and a variety of trendy brands.

If you are looking to indulge in your Juicy Couture, True Religion, 575 or Citizens of Humanity fetish, it is the best place to start, especially with that lovely Starbuck’s right across the street when the shop ’til you drop complex hits. Want to be a trend setter? Pick up the new Saint Grace Rollover that Jessica Simpson and Kimberly Stewart already have.

Back to Pike Lot and stopping at Campus Corner to take full advantage of that Wildcard in order stay energized, check out South Moon Under and Anthropologie in Wayne. These two are perfect companions, located a hop and a skip away from each other so you can bounce back and forth as you please. If you are a Krista-Siladi type girl and want nothing more than to stay looking “sexy” this spring, South Moon Under may be first on your list.

This store carries over 45 of the Villanova girl’s favorites, from BCBG to Laundry, Kate Spade to James Perse. They also have a plethora of cool shoes like the typical Uggs, as well as the newly-arrived Jeffrey Campbell suede t-strap sandals with an adorable heel.

A little more sweet and hippie-styled? Anthropologie is the best excuse to demand the necessity for more dresses in your wardrobe to just skip around campus in. Fashion-forward Kristina Gentilozzi recommends that you check out the jewelry selection. I do not disagree. Anthropologie does have one perk that my other two favs do not cater to, and that is home décor. Spring cleaning may seem a little more appealing if you are putting some new hardware into that diva-pad.

What is else is so great about these top three? They are all online! This means you can even enjoy Main Line shopping status on a rainy day with the assistance of your Visa card and Connelly wrap. If you go quickly you can still catch the sale at Smith Bros. Southmoonunder.com and Anthropologie.com offer even a wider selection than they do in the local stores, and Anthropologie delivers catalogs so you can get excited to check that VU box more often. Villanova girls are known as cuties … see you on the Main Line!