Sirens host inaugural concert

Courtesy of Lillian Linquata

On Tuesday night, the Villanova Sirens, an all-female a capella group, hosted its inaugural concert in CEER 001.

Composed of 14 girls; three freshmen, one sophomore, six juniors and four seniors, the Sirens performed a set of five songs.

These songs included Rascal Flatts’ “Life is a Highway,” Foo Fighters’ “Best of You,” Maroon 5’s “Sunday Morning,” En Vogue’s “Never Gonna Get It” and a club mix which includes Justin Timberlake’s “SexyBack” and The Pussycat Dolls’ “Buttons.”

Performing along with the Sirens were two all-male a capella groups, The Spires and Vocal Minority, and one co-ed group, The Supernovas.

The Spires performed songs such as the Bloodhound Gang’s “The Bad Touch” and The Killers’ “Mr. Brightside.”

Finally, The Supernovas and Vocal Minority performed recent pop songs. Overall, the show lasted approximately one hour and no admission fee was charged, though donations were accepted.

Though the Sirens do not have another on-campus concert scheduled for the year, the group will travel down to Johns Hopkins University to perform in the first weekend of December.

Also, the director of the Sirens is currently toying around with the idea of “Guerilla A Cappella” during ehich, for a week in December, the different a capella groups on campus would perform at random locations on campus.