New ticket discount opportunities available for ‘Nova students

Alma Aliaj

Many local venues have recently switched to a different ticket provider, ComcastTIX, bringing new opportunities for discount concert and event tickets.

Comcast TIX is now the new ticket provider for all events at the Wachovia Center, Wachovia Spectrum, the Borgata, Liacouras Center and Sovereign Bank Arena.

These venues host a variety of acts, ranging from Ludracris, to Justin Timberlake, to The Killers and events including Villanova Basketball games and Flyers hockey games.

This change in ticket provider has been slow to reach Villanova’s campus. According to a recent poll conducted by a Comcast intern and Villanova student Kalie Kalustyan, of the 100 students surveyed, 88 responded that they would use Ticketmaster to obtain tickets, and the other 12 cited smaller ticket brokers.

It seems that many students are not aware of this change and are now having trouble finding tickets to concerts.

“It is alarming that most of the students surveyed did not know where to buy tickets for events coming to Philadelphia,” Kalustyan said.

“As a liaison between Comcast Spectacor and the Villanova community, I feel a personal responsibility to expand and strengthen the connection between the two through effective marketing of ComcastTIX. Once the majority of the Villanova community is informed of the benefits of ComcastTIX, the consumer’s ticket purchasing process will be made more convenient and enjoyable. Also, the design of the Web site allows for easy maneuverability and comprehensibility, which will enhance the overall experience.”

By getting the word out to students, working closely with ComcastTIX, and promoting various sporting events on campus, Kalustyan says that she hopes students will begin to take advantage of the discounts this new service provider offers.

Right now tickets for the Philadelphia Flyers are being sold for $25 if students bring their student ID to the box office the day of the game.

If students bring student IDs to Philadelphia Wings games, they can receive a ticket for $10. The next Wings game is April 7 at 7:30 p.m., and the final home game is April 13 at 7:30 p.m.

For more information, visit ComcastTIX.com.