A Villanovan’s Gift Guide

Brian Luppy
Looking for some gift inspo this holiday season? Look no further than this gift guide.

Happy Holidays, Villanovans. As the weather gets chillier and trees are lit, it is time to start crafting your ultimate holiday gift wishlist. And you’re in luck, because here’s the ultimate gift guide for you, perfectly attuned to your interests.

1. No classes on Tolentine’s fourth floor during Spring Semester

We all dread it. The moment we open our schedules the week before break just to see that two of our classes are held on the fourth floor of Tolentine. The pain and tears begin right then. Nothing is worse than dripping in sweat as you reach your classroom and peel off your heavy winter parka. Villanovans wouldn’t even wish this on their worst enemy.

2. A summer internship or post-grad job at JP Morgan

Villanovans have suffered through enough super days, CE classes and 100-hour work weeks. Do all of the Villanova Business students deserve a job at JP Morgan? Probably not, but it doesn’t hurt to dream. Fingers crossed, Santa.

3. An Aritzia Super Puff and a pair of Golden Gooses

It is impossible to walk into a Communication class at Villanova without seeing flocks of people sporting their favorite Aritzia Super Puff and glittery Golden Gooses. Frankly, I didn’t know what either of those items were until I arrived on campus. Maybe it’s a little cliche, but I’m sure most Villanovans wouldn’t mind being gifted either of these, even the flip-flop warriors of Bartley Hall.

4. An invite to AC

If you have never heard of AC, you are in for a treat. Thankfully, it will be impossible to get away from it once reading day rolls around. It’s elusive, secretive and almost everyone wants to be invited. What sounds better than a night spent in the armpit of America?

5. Unlimited Campus Corner

It’s finals week, and you are stuck in the library well past midnight. Nothing sounds better than some Zilly Fries, pizza or maybe even a cheesesteak. Unlimited access to the greasy delights of the beloved Campus Corner would be enough to get me through the senior slump of second semester. I know most of you would agree.

6. A ticket to the UCLA game at Wells Fargo this weekend

Every group chat this week has been flooded with the question, “Is anyone giving away a ticket for the UCLA game?” Maybe you forgot to enter or maybe the lottery simply didn’t work in your favor. Despite the rough game last weekend, Villanovans are more ready than ever to pack the student section to cheer on our ‘Cats.

7. The reopening of Crust, the best restaurant on the Main Line

For any freshman who never had the experience to sit at Crust with your best friends and gossip over pizza and hummus, I deeply apologize. For the Villanovans who cried after we heard the news that Crust, a beloved Mediterranean restaurant located in Bryn Mawr, was closing for good, I am with you. Villanovans would do anything to gather there once again. Sorry Las Fridas.

8. Relief from the frat flu they’ve had since August

Sophomore year. A shoe box in the quad. There’s no getting over the frat flu until you leave campus. You’ve been coughing and blowing your nose every few minutes in class for the past three months. It’s painful, I know, but you will get through it. Go visit Santa and ask him for some more DayQuil.

9. The Villanova Starbucks to be accurate with the timing on mobile orders

There might be nothing worse than treating yourself to Starbucks right before class, ordering through the mobile app, heading to Starbucks and having the barista tell you the store is backed up. The five-minute wait time turns into 15, which turns into 30, which turns into one missed class for you. The Villanova Starbucks rarely gets it right, but we love them anyway.