Smart Amazon Purchases for University Students

Courtesy of Maddie Schieder

Students typically purchase Amazon products to make school life easier.

Maddie Schieder, Staff Writer

Amazon has just about everything you could imagine, ranging from food to furniture and all of the college necessities in between. Organization and productivity are key, especially when living in a small space, which is why Amazon is crucial for college students. Plus, its deliveries come as quickly as the next day. What more could you ask for?

Most students, if living in a dorm, share a communal bathroom. This means shower shoes and shower caddies are essential. These start at only $6.39.

Being organized aids in the busy life of studying, which is why caddies and organizational storage for under your bed or above your closet (only $13.99) are perfect. Speaking of storage, the ottomans that also double as storage are popular at colleges everywhere and come in all different sizes and colors.

These can be found on Amazon starting at $16.99. Functionality is also crucial, which is why desk lamps and clip on fans are great small additives you can find on Amazon to make your living space the most productive.

Most dorms or apartments do not allow candles for safety reasons, which means oil diffusers are great to make your space smell great in a safer and more aesthetically pleasing way. The Ultimate Aromatherapy Diffuser comes with 10 different oil scents to try at $33.95, which is a great price for what you are getting.

Going along with the cozy theme, pillows will make your room feel homey and the supportive reading pillows, great for getting work done in your bed, start at just $24.49 on Amazon in a variety of colors. While doing work in bed, a bedside organizer might be useful if you do not have a nightstand. This organizer attaches to the side of your bed and can hold books, laptops, remotes, tissues and more. These are on Amazon right now for only $5.99, which is a great deal.

This next item may sound crazy, but it is also pure genius. I know I cannot be the only one who dreads the walk to the laundry room, and the laundry backpack makes the trip a bit more enjoyable. These start at $9.99 and could possibly motivate you to do your laundry because it looks so cool. Some even feature pockets for detergent and dryer sheets.

One of my most useful purchases was a Wifi printer. It saves so much money and time walking to the nearest printer. While these can be pricier, Amazon has many great deals, especially if you are a prime member. Another great technology find is a key finder that keeps track of all your everyday belongings so they do not get lost. Starting at $19.99, these hook up to the bluetooth on your phone, and you will never fear losing your keys, phone or wallet again.

As college students, we are always on the go, and it is too easy to leave our belongings behind. The amount of technological advancements on Amazon is insane, including the iPhone projector. Have a movie night with your friends and roommates just by plugging your phone or any device into the projector on Amazon for $49.99. An added benefit is that it is portable, so you can take your fun anywhere. Having fun in college during the pandemic can be difficult, so enjoy time with friends and project your favorite films together.

These are just a few items that can benefit college students and make their lives away from home more comfortable. The list could go on, but hopefully these purchases are ones you will consider to make your experience more efficient and exciting.