Mental Health Resources at Villanova

Thrive 365 hosts various events and programs each month.

Courtesy of Villanova University

Katie Formato, Staff Writer

The number of people struggling with mental health, especially in college, has been significantly increasing. If you or someone you know has been struggling with their mental health, it is important to reach out for help. However, sometimes seeking help can be difficult because it can be expensive or hard to find resources. 

With the increase of awareness towards mental health over the years, students are very fortunate that Villanova has many mental health resources on campus that can help support them. Some of these resources include the Counseling Center, the Office of Health Promotion and the Student Health Center. 

First, the Counseling Center offers a variety of different services and resources, which are available to all students regardless of emotional, academic, social and psychological issues. The Counseling Center is open weekdays from 9am to 5pm and is located in room 206 of the Health Services Building. 

If you are looking to schedule an appointment with the Counseling Center you can call their direct line at 610-519-4050 between 9am to 5pm, stop by the Counseling Center in room 206 of the Health Services Building, or students can now book appointments online starting this semester.

To book an appointment online, students must fill out the online appointment request form with different times that work best for their schedule and then they will receive a call from the Counseling Center to schedule their appointment. Appointments are typically made within a week of one’s request. 

The Office of Health Promotion is a resource on campus that covers six areas of health and wellbeing, which include social, physical, intellectual, cultural, emotional and spiritual. 

Director of the Office of Health Promotion, Stacy Andes talked about its mission. 

“[Our mission] is to provide evidence-based health resources, facilitate opportunities for students to build skills to make health lifestyle choices, and to instill a sense of personal responsibility for individual health and its impact on the health of the community,” she said.

The Office of Health Promotion offers a variety of events and activities on campus. These include one-on-one consultations on different topics such as alcohol use screening, nutrition, sleep and stress, and online courses including AlcoholEdu and Sexual Assault Prevention for Undergraduates, Mental Health and Well-Being and Prescription Drugs courses. 

If one is interested in working with the Office of Health Promotion, they can apply for POWER as an administrative assistant, intern or a community advocate to gain helpful experiences to help the community. 

Another great resource within the Office of Health Promotion is the Thrive 365 Portal. 

Thrive 365 is a great resource for students because it allows them to engage with different programs and events that focus on topics such as fitness, sleep, stress management and nutrition. Furthermore, there is a video on the Villanova University’s Division of Student Life’s YouTube which walks a person through the step-by-step process of how to navigate Thrive 365, which is available for all students. If you want to learn more, visit the Thrive 365 Portal at thrive365.villanova.edu. 

The Student Health Center offers a variety of different services for students, whether they have a cold, the flu, allergies or something more serious. Students can expect individualized attention and timely services. 

The Student Health Center is located on the third floor of the Health and Services Building and during the school year it is open 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. Anyone looking to schedule an appointment can call their front desk at 610-519-4070.

The University Counseling Center, the Office of Health Promotion and the Student Health Center work together to provide students with the resources and services they need to help them thrive in the Villanova community. Villanova offers many different ways for students to connect with themselves, their peers and professionals. To learn more about all of the resources on campus, visit, Villanova’s health and well-being resources located on the Villanova website.