Refectory Brunch Review

Courtesy of The Savvy Main Line

The Refectory is located on the corner of Ithan and Lancaster Ave. 

Maddie Schieder, Staff Writer

The Refectory restaurant has reopened its doors on the corner of Ithan and Lancaster Avenues. Villanovans and members of the Main Line are joyful at the sight of this gem’s comeback and even more so about the newest brunch menu. 

The Refectory website has reinvented what its restaurant is all about. It is now “a place to meet, eat and drink together.” New staff members also have roots in local restaurants around the University’s campus, which has brought a unique twist on the American cuisine that The Refectory has to offer. Having brunch at an on-campus restaurant is ideal for students, especially those living on campus who are in need of a convenient place to satisfy their cravings. 

The brunch menu has anything one could imagine. There are soups, salads, sweets, flatbreads and sandwiches, accompanied by a raw bar and potato variations. Not many brunch locations can say they offer oysters, chicken and waffles in one menu. Some top menu items are the PB&J Stuffed French Toast and the restaurant’s handheld sandwiches. Although a bit pricier, these items are comparable to the popular local brunch spots off of Villanova’s campus. 

With no need for students to call Ubers, The Refectory offers brunch on Saturday and Sundays from 11:30 a.m. to 3:00 p.m. in walking distance from Villanova’s campus. 

Senior Tony Huerta-Apanco spent his Sunday at The Refectory to indulge in brunch.

“I enjoyed the fact that I could go eat on campus with my friends at a walkable distance,” he said. “It also was something that I could have other than the Villanova dining halls. The food was better than the dinner options that they have.” 

Huerta-Apaco additionally claimed that if one is unable to drive to somewhere like Minellas, Nudy’s or Turning Point, the Refectory checks all of the boxes.

Not only is the new brunch menu attractive for students, but for the greater community as well. The Refectory Yelp reviews are filled with four and five stars, with compliments to the staff and service.

In recent news, @refectorynova on Instagram announced its latest brunch event will include a visit from Santa Claus, on Dec. 18 from 10:30 a.m. to 3 p.m. This offering is limited time and a perfect opportunity to try out this new local brunch spot. The restaurant is currently taking reservations for the event.

As you and your friends head into the weekend and are aching for a new menu to try, consider the finest place on Villanova’s corner. Maybe you will even catch a glimpse of Santa.