Updated Wells Fargo Center Tailgate Guide

Sarah McAssey

On Wednesday Nov. 7, Villanova Athletics sent students an email detailing procedures as outlined by the Wells Fargo Center regarding the use of the parking lots before the Men’s Basketball game vs. Quinnipiac on Saturday, Nov. 11. The rules presented in the email message apply to all Wells Fargo Center events.

University students typically arrive at the Wells Fargo Center approximately two hours earlier than the basketball game begins in order to tailgate prior to tip-off.

The email shared six pieces of information relevant to students attending Saturday’s basketball game at the Wells Fargo Center. This information ranged from details about what is prohibited at the tailgate and a timeline of when students would be allowed to enter and be required to exit the parking lots. 

According to the email, student buses would not be allowed to enter the Wells Fargo Center parking lots until two hours before tip-off and U-Haul trucks would not be permitted. Bluetooth speakers could be used but large sound systems were not allowed. Kegs would not be allowed inside of vehicles. Additionally, students were permitted to have cups but not visible bottles or cans, and all tailgaters would be asked to leave the parking lots at tip-off.

The next basketball game at the Wells Fargo Center is Friday, Jan. 18 2019 against Xavier. It is expected that the aforementioned tailgate policies will continue to be enforced.