Hunger and Homelessness Week at Villanova

Molly Carriero, Staff Writer

Villanova will host its annual Hunger and Homelessness Awareness Week beginning this Saturday, November 13th and continuing through November 22nd

HHAW founded in 1975 by Father Ray Jackson and a group of students, and now it is at over 500 campuses across the US. 

The mission of HHAW is to raise awareness around the issues of hunger and homelessness through our pillars of education, service, and advocacy. 

Committee members will be giving presentations in various classes this week to encourage meal plan donations for HHAW’s annual fast day. For every meal donation collected, dining services will donate an amount for each meal toward partner organizations helping those experiencing hunger and homelessness. 

Other events to get involved with to support the mission of HHAW:

Make care packages for the winter season at the Winter Kit Fundraiser: Sunday, November 14th 12-3 PM in Driscoll 139

Keynote Address from Father Michael Doyle, Heart of Camden: Wednesday, November 17th 7-9 PM in Connelly Cinema 

Solidarity Vigil: Thursday, November 18th, 7 PM at The Grotto 

Back On My Feet Turkey Trot 5K RunL Saturday, November 20th 10 AM at The Oreo

• $10 entrance fee; participants can register on Villanova Tix 

Thanksgiving Outreach Volunteer Opportunity: Friday November 19th and November 22nd at the Connelly Center 

This year, the committee is led by Senior Head Chair Victoria Sanders and Junior Co-Chairs Cathy Nguyen and Adam Gaughan. 

If you are interested in learning more or getting involved, visit the Hunger and Homelessness Awareness Week Website: https://hhweek.org/