Official Results of the 2020-2021 Student Government Association Elections

Student Body President Amanda Rappa and Vice President Caroline Levine

Cate McCusker, Co-News Editor

From Monday, March 16 to noon on Wednesday, March 18, online polls were open for all students to vote for Student Body President and Vice President and for freshmen to vote for their class senators. About five hours after polls closed, the student body was notified by the Student Government Association of the official results.

Amanda Rappa and Caroline Levine were elected Student Body President and Vice President respectively. Chase Boss, Jisette Baquet and Jose Garcia were elected Class of 2023 Senators.

At the beginning of the election season, University students had the opportunity to run for one of the three class senator positions, for senator positions of each college, and for Student Body President and Vice President. The email with results of the election also notified all undergraduate students of who was appointed for the other class senator and college senator positions.

Austin Lin, Katelyn Dellinger and Olivia Snakard were appointed as Class of 2021 Senators. Lucy Baxter and James Dunbar were appointed as Class of 2022 Senators.

Maggie Emamzadeh and Tyler Schieda were appointed as senators for the College of Liberal Arts and Sciences. Rachel Le and Stephanie Frank were appointed as senators for the School of Business. Brett Walsh was appointed as the College of Engineering Senator, and Caeli Janacek was appointed as the College of Nursing Senator.

Student Body President Amanda Rappa and Vice President Caroline Levine offered the following statement:

“Hi Villanova! We are so excited to work alongside our fellow students, staff, faculty and administration to make the Villanova student experience the best it can be. We’re committed to advocating for mental health awareness, encouraging sustainability and inclusion on campus, and empowering students to make meaningful change. We encourage all students to reach out to us at [email protected] with any questions or ideas that they have. We want to thank the Villanova student body for believing in us. This is a difficult and uncertain time, but we are so grateful to have a community like Villanova. We’re thinking of all of you and looking forward to the day that we’re all back on campus. Best of luck to everyone. Stay safe and healthy!”