Admitted Students Day Was a Success

After three and a half years of late-night studying, packed extracurricular schedules and standardized testing, students are finally rewarded with college acceptances. But choosing a college can be challenging. There are so many questions to be answered before students decide where they will finally end up. Villanova’s Admitted Students Day was the perfect event for those questions to be asked and answered.

This past Saturday, hundreds of potential members of the newest class of Villanova students from all over poured in for the chance to get a glimpse of what their life at Villanova could be like. Admitted Students Day is the most important and rewarding part of the admissions process for applicants who finally get a chance to see if they’ve found their new home.

Admitted Students Day is largely dependent on the efforts of Villanova’s Blue Key organization, which was outside the Finn early in the morning lined up to greet new prospective students and their families with fun signs and bright smiles, already demonstrating the welcoming community that exists at Villanova.

Following the excitement at the Finn, the new prospective students were then taken on tours around campus to see how they might live for the next four years. While campus appearance may be lower on the factors of college decisions, it’s still something that we all take into account when choosing our new homes. Though it was cloudy, students got a glimpse of the beautiful campus environment.

Along with the tours, the College of Liberal Arts and Sciences held a majors fair to show new prospective students the range of options available to them to study, aiding them in their decision of whether Villanova is the right choice for them and their academic and career goals, which is arguably the most important aspect of picking the right school.

Student organizations and clubs also had the opportunity to have tables outside showing off all of the impressive ways to get involved in the Villanova community, emphasizing that this isn’t just a place to go to class.

While Admitted Students Day is just a brief snapshot of what life as a Villanova student is really like, it’s an essential part of the admissions process as it truly allows new prospective students to go beyond online information and stats and see for themselves how exciting life at Villanova could be.

Incoming freshman Sofia Fevola is one of those students and she spoke to just how important Admitted Students Day can be in getting prospective students exciting.

“[I] really enjoyed Admitted Students Day and being on campus,” Fevola said. “From the start, students and faculty were so excited and welcoming.”

She emphasized just how effective the hard work of everyone involved was and the impact it had on getting prospective students interested. She also noted how it helped her get an even better understanding of what academic life here is like.

“[I] really liked how you could build your own schedule for the day and do what you felt would benefit your experience,” Fevola said. “It definitely reinforced [my] decision of choosing ‘Nova”

Although Admitted Students Day is far more exciting than an average day on campus, it’s still the best representation of everything that a prospective student might find if they make that decision to make Villanova their new home. Students come from all over the country for this chance, from nearby New Jersey all the way to New Orleans, Louisiana.

The students who came to Admitted Students Day have a lot to think about before the dreaded May 1st deadline. But thanks to the hard work of Blue Key and all of the faculty, staff and clubs who were involved, Villanova will no doubt be a strong contender for students.