Abby Jegede Enters Transfer Portal

Redshirt freshman guard Abby Jegede entered the transfer portal on Thursday, April 4.

Villanova redshirt freshman guard Abby Jegede has entered the transfer portal.

The Canadian national posted to X, formerly known as Twitter, on Thursday, April 4 that she was entering her name into the transfer portal.

Jegede spent two years at Villanova, redshirting her freshman year due to injury. She appeared in 28 games with the Wildcats last season, averaging 7.1 minutes and 1.1 points per appearance. The highlight of her Wildcat career came at DePaul last season. She went 3-of-3 from the three-point line for nine points, her career high.

“My time as a Wildcat has been nothing short of a blessing,” Jegede wrote in her statement.

The Wildcats have lost six players from the 2023-24 roster so far, with four in the portal and two exhausting their eligibility. 

Villanova will bring in three freshmen for the 2024-25 season, but will need to be active in the portal in order to get the most out of the three remaining roster spots.