Brendan Hausen Enters Transfer Portal

Brian Luppy
Sophomore guard Brendan Hausen has entered the transfer portal, as reported by Brandon Jenkins of 247sports.com

Villanova sophomore guard Brendan Hausen has entered the transfer portal. The news was first reported by Brandon Jenkins of 247sports.com.

The Amarillo, Texas native spent two seasons with the Wildcats. He averaged 6.2 points across 34 games in 2023-24 on 39.2% shooting from beyond the arc. 

The 6’4” sharpshooter was a four-star recruit coming out of Amarillo High School. Hausen committed to Villanova over 22 other offers.

At Villanova, Hausen had a stretch as an important offensive piece. He struggled late in the season, but had a five-game stretch of double-figure scoring efforts in February.

Hausen will have two years of eligibility remaining. He should draw interest from major programs as a catch-and-shoot guard.

Villanova may lose the entirety of its 2022 recruiting class, as fellow sophomore guard Mark Armstrong declared for the NBA draft earlier on Wednesday, April 10. Armstrong retained his college eligibility in his declaration, meaning he may be back next season. The other recruit in the 2022 class was now-Houston Rocket Cam Whitmore.

Depending on the NBA decisions of Armstrong, redshirt senior forward Eric Dixon and senior guard TJ Bamba, Villanova may have four players return from its 2023-24 roster for 2024-25. Only two of those potential returners, junior forward Nnanna Njoku and junior guard Jordan Longino, will have played meaningful minutes.