University Celebrates Halloween

Brian Luppy
Spiders adorn one campus building to celebrate Halloween.

As the end of October comes to a close, Halloween weekend came and brought with it beautiful weather and lots of fun and games.  The festive weekend on campus kicked off on Thursday with a Halloween Quizzo game, which included spooky trivia questions and even spookier prizes.  Not only was the weekend filled with Halloween activities, but it was also Homecoming weekend on campus, and families and alumni joined the fun over the weekend.  Friday night was jam-packed with food trucks at the Oreo and live music from the band Love Jones.  All students, family and alumni were invited to enjoy good food and music.

On Saturday, there was plenty going on around campus to have some fun.  There was beautiful, warm weather for the football game on Saturday afternoon, and it stayed warm throughout the day for students to enjoy going out for Halloween.  On campus that night, there was a movie night at Connelly Center. The movie was The Nightmare Before Christmas to get in the holiday spirit.  The showing offered some sweet treats as well, including candy and cupcakes for the viewers to enjoy.  The movie-showing was a great way for students to relax and have some fun before any Halloween activities on Saturday night.

The weekend did not end there.  On Sunday night, there was a campus and community-wide Trick-or-Treat event.  This event was the closing event of Halloween weekend on campus and was a great way to hang out around campus and invite the outside community to campus, as well as to enjoy some treats before the week of classes began.  There was music, crafts and sweet treats, and all attending were encouraged to wear their Halloween costumes to celebrate.

Halloween weekend is always a great time to be on campus at Villanova.  There are always great events and activities to participate in for students and the surrounding community.  Halloween weekend this year was a great time, and the weather was perfect for some fun and games around campus.  The students had a great time and had a lot of different things to do over the course of the weekend to de-stress and relax before the upcoming week of classes.