NSCS Induction Alert

[email protected]

Contact: Jennifer Fortney Phone: 202.454.0993 FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE ONE-mail: [email protected] October 2, 2005

THE NATIONAL SOCIETY OF COLLEGIATE SCHOLARS WELCOMESNEW MEMBERS AT VILLANOVA UNIVERSITY

Washington, D.C. – The chapter of The National Society of Collegiate Scholars (NSCS) at VILLANOVA UNIVERSITY will hold its induction convocation ceremony on October 2, 2005 at Villanova Room in the Connelly Center at 6:00 PM. A member of the NSCS national staff will be on hand to formally welcome the chapter’s inductees into the Society and introduce them to the lifetime of opportunities available to all members.

NSCS is a highly selective, national, nonprofit honors organization. Membership in NSCS is a symbol of outstanding academic achievement, and a doorway to jobs, scholarships, service opportunities and a unique community of scholars.

The ceremony will also feature a canned food drive to remind the attendees of the NSCS mission of “Honoring and inspiring academic excellence and engaged citizenship for a lifetime.”

“We are pleased to recognize the outstanding academic accomplishments of the students at VILLANOVA UNIVERSITY,” said Stephen E. Loflin, NSCS’ Executive Director. “The inductees will now join other high achieving college students across the country in developing their leadership skills and engaging in community service activities.”

NSCS, a member of the Association of College Honor Societies, is the nation’s only honors organization offering membership to first- and second-year college students. The Society recognizes outstanding academic achievement. NSCS offers students exclusive access to scholarships, career resources, and leadership opportunities. NSCS also provides students with a network of other members and alumni on their campus and across the country. NSCS currently has 450,000 members and 215 college chapters across the country. Membership is by invitation only, based on grade point average.###