Class of 2026 Ring Reveal Transpires

Brian Luppy
Connelly Center served as the location for this class ring reveal.

The Class of 2026 Ring Reveal took place on Thursday in Belle Air Terrace, located in the Connelly Center. The lively event, hosted by the legacy ambassadors committee of students, included music and refreshments. A table featured a glittering display of various ring styles and a diagram of the year’s ring. 

Class rings are a Villanova tradition that dates back more than 100 years ago. The legacy ambassadors and a committee of students design a ring for the sophomore class and unveil it in the spring. Then, in the fall, Villanova hosts a ring blessing. This  ceremony typically takes place in the Finneran Pavilion during Family Weekend. 

This year, the ring was full of meaningful symbolism. On one side, it features a candlestick that nods to first-year Orientation.

“One of the most memorable moments of orientation is a candle lighting ceremony in the Finneran Pavilion,” the diagram read. “A singular flame is passed from student to student, reminding them of the connection they share with each other as new members of the Villanova community.” 

This ceremony was one of the Class of 2026’s first memories on campus. When students see the candlestick on the ring, it is sure to remind them of how much they have grown since their first year. The ring also features classic campus sites, such as the Corr Hall arch, the Riley Ellipse and the St. Thomas of Villanova Church.

The Class of 2026 has made some of their best memories on campus. In the future, their rings will allow them to carry a glimpse of Villanova wherever they go. 

Legacy ambassador committee members Avery Junker and Reena Seraiya about the design process. They explained that the committee made a list of ideas and then narrowed it down. As for their favorite elements, Junker was partial to the candlestick and Seraiya liked the sun rays. 

In addition to legacy ambassador members, other students appreciated the ring. 

“I really like the ring design this year,” Noah Buscaglia, member of the Class of 2026, said. “I think it pictures a lot of key symbols of student life and campus landmarks, and it will be a memorable keepsake to have.”

Villanova works with Balfour & Co., a company that produces graduation products, to unveil the ring. To order a ring, students can visit Balfour’s website. They can select different designs, such as the traditional option from the diagram, which is metal with a blue stone. There is also a signet design without a stone. Additionally, students can select which metal and finish they would like. Tina Stenman, the manager of campus sales at Balfour, stated that ring prices start within the $500 range. According to Stenman, ring prices start in the mid-500s. There is a payment plan, so students can pay incrementally instead of all at once. 

The ring reveal has reminded the sophomore class that college years pass quickly. 

“I do think it’s wild that we’re halfway through our college experience already,” Buscaglia said. “I’m definitely going to savor every minute of these next two years.”  

Fortunately, the Class of 2026 still have much to look forward to at Villanova for the back half of their time. The ring blessing is just the first celebration of their achievements. To purchase, students can check for email from the Office of Student Involvement or visit balfour.com/villanova.