University Hosts Spring Involvement Fair

Every semester, Villanova students who are involved in a variety of organizations and on campus activities come together to represent their clubs at the Activities Fair. This semester, the fair took place on Feb. 2 in the Villanova Room in the Connelly Center, with some clubs in the outside tented area. 

This semester, more than 100 student organizations were represented. There were many students walking through the event, adding their names to different organizations they wish to join.

“I love the Activities Fair,” sophomore Kara McGoldrick said. “I helped run the Chamber Strings table and it was so cool seeing everyone who is interested in joining, and getting to bond over our shared love for music.”

With clubs ranging from NOVAdance and Special Olympics to Villanova Television and WXVU to the Bandana Project and a rock climbing club, Villanova truly has an organization for everyone.

“As somebody who has attended the fair for four semesters now, it is really great to see that there are always new clubs starting up,” sophomore Jenna Parker said. “I was really excited to see a friendship bracelet-making club being brought to campus, and cannot wait for the meetings.”

Involved is a word used to describe a multitude of students here on campus, and there are always meetings going on throughout the day for all the different opportunities students can become engaged in. 

“Being able to get involved on campus was something I was really excited to do when I came to campus as a freshman,” sophomore Brennen Sindle said. “Joining the men’s rowing team allowed me to meet a group of like-minded individuals that I know I can always turn to.” 

Sports are an activity that many Villanovans miss being a part of when coming to college, leading to a multitude of club sports and intramurals being played on campus.

“Coming from home, I always loved playing pickleball with friends and family,” sophomore Betty Dorsey said. “When I found out there was a club pickleball team being started on campus, I knew I wanted to be involved. Joining was one of the best choices I made, and I can confidently say it helped me find a group of people I love to spend time with and play alongside.”

Alongside sports, the fair hosted a variety of academic clubs, as well, such as Model United Nations, Mock Trial, education clubs and organizations based on a variety of majors. 

“I really enjoy getting to be involved with clubs catered to my major, which is math,” sophomore Claire Gaza said. “At a school where [mathematics] is not a huge department, it is great to get to be surrounded by like-minded people and learn from older students [to see] what classes they recommend.”

There is an organization available for everyone on campus. Greek Life being one of the largest, yet this does not just include Panhellenic sororities and Interfraternity council fraternities, but also multicultural organizations. These groups foster a community of sisterhood and brotherhood, while also holding aspects of philanthropy and value external involvement, as well. 

“One of my favorite things about joining a sorority is how much it helped me to become more integrated to Villanova’s campus,” sophomore Maggie Parham said. “I have been able to get more involved in other organizations through my sorority, and I truly can find another sister no matter what club meeting I am attending. Joining a sorority has been one of the best decisions I have made during my time at Villanova, as it has truly opened my eyes to the amazing opportunities that this campus holds.”

Villanova takes pride in its level of student involvement, and by hosting the semesterly Activities Fair, students have the chance to join new and upcoming clubs, as well as long-lasting organizations that they had not joined prior. It is a great way to meet new people and get active on campus at Villanova.