Villanova University Appoints Kevin W. Noller as Vice President for University Advancement

Brian Luppy/ Villanovan Photography

Villanova has appointed a new Vice President of University Advancement.

Arden West, Co-News Editor

This past Wednesday, March 22nd, Villanova University announced the appointment of Villanova alumnus Kevin W. Noller as Vice President for University Advancement. Villanova’s President, the Rev. Peter M. Donohue, OSA, PhD, expressed his excitement for Noller to fill the role. 

“Kevin’s familiarity with Villanova’s mission, coupled with a proven track record of securing transformative philanthropic gifts and developing high-performing teams, made him stand out in a very talented group of candidates,” said Father Donohue. “He will be a valuable asset to our University leadership team, and I look forward to working closely with him in this role.”

The national search for a new appointee caught the attention of a competitive group of applicants. However, Noller’s 20 years of experience and recent success at his previous post at Villanova ultimately separated him from the pool. Also, it did not hurt that Noller knows the school he will be improving from another perspective, that of a student. The new vice president is a graduate of both the College of Liberal Arts and Sciences (‘04), where he earned his Bachelor of Arts in English, and Villanova University for his Master of Business Administration (‘09). 

Noller’s previous role was Associate Vice President for Major Gifts at Villanova, where he led the institution’s major gift program. Managing a staff of nearly 50, he directed fundraising responsibilities for the University’s colleges and schools, athletics, parents, regional offices and gift planning. Not only was he Villanova’s top fundraiser over the last decade, but Noller developed the proposal and strategy integral to the closure of the largest gift in the University’s history and has led teams that have collectively raised more than $850 million in support of Villanova.

In his new position as Vice President, Noller will provide overall leadership and direction for the Office of University Advancement, which includes Alumni Relations, Athletics Development, Annual Giving, Family Engagement and Philanthropy, Corporate and Foundation Relations, Gift and Estate Planning, Stewardship, Special Events, Regional Development, and fundraising for Villanova’s Colleges and Schools. He will also be responsible for expanding financial support for the priorities of Villanova’s 2020-2030 Strategic Plan and planning the University’s next comprehensive capital campaign.

“It is an honor to serve my alma mater in this important role,” Noller said. “Working at Villanova is more than a job for me, and I am driven by my deep connection to this exceptional community of alumni, faculty, staff and students. I look forward to collaborating with Fr. Peter and the incredible University Advancement team to support the initiatives of the ‘Rooted. Restless. Strategic Plan’ and advance the mission and values of this great Augustinian Catholic institution.”

While a student at Villanova, Noller was the President of Blue Key Society, the Committee Chair of Candidates’ Day and a member of the New Student Orientation, along with the Student Alumni Relations Team. While his extensive experience with connecting to people clearly began in college, his background has only improved over time. Serving as a member of Villanova’s Office of University Advancement since 2010, Noller possesses a deep understanding of departmental operations, and during his tenure has improved efficiency and transparency, developed and implemented new engagement strategies and worked across the University to identify new areas for support. 

He also played a leadership role in Villanova’s comprehensive campaign, For The Greater Great: The Villanova Campaign to Ignite Change, which closed in 2018 at $760 million – more than $150 million over its goal. Committed to community leadership and service, he has served as a speaker and facilitator for advancement professional organizations and an outside advisor to local nonprofits on fundraising best practices, including Habitat for Humanity.