Angelo Brizzi Enters Transfer Portal

Olivia Pasquale/Villanovan Photography

Sophomore Angelo Brizzi has entered the transfer portal.

Owen Hewitt, Co-Sports Editor

Villanova redshirt freshman guard Angelo Brizzi has entered the transfer portal, as confirmed by head coach Kyle Neptune at media availability on Friday afternoon.

“Angelo has made the decision to enter his name into the transfer portal,” Villanova head coach Kyle Neptune said Friday. “We appreciate his contributions to our program and how he has represented Villanova in a first-class way. We wish Angelo the best as he approaches the next step in his basketball career.”

Brizzi, originally from Warrington, Virginia, was a three-star recruit in the class of 2021. He redshirted his true freshman year and appeared in nine games in the 2022-23 season. In those nine games, Brizzi averaged two points and shy of two rebounds in just under 11 minutes a game.

Brizzi opened the season with a role in Villanova’s rotation, but his role has steadily decreased as the season went on. He played 13 minutes against La Salle in Villanova’s opening game of the season and a season-high 17 in a loss to Portland, but was held out of the lineup entirely in several games in December.

The guard played briefly in Wednesday’s loss at UConn, appearing on defense in the final minutes. The first report that he’d entered the portal came on Friday morning.

Brizzi was originally recruited by Arizona, California, Michigan and other Division I programs. Brizzi’s future landing spot is yet to be determined.