Fresno State Transfer Enoch Boakye Commits to Villanova

On Monday, May 27, Fresno State transfer Enoch Boakye announced his commitment to Villanova. Boakye is Villanova head coach Kyle Neptune’s fourth pick up out of the transfer portal.

When Villanova’s top transfer Max Shulga de-comitted and returned to VCU on May 22, plans for the Wildcats’ 2024-2025 season suffered a massive setback.

That setback did not last long. On Monday, May 27, Fresno State transfer Enoch Boakye announced his commitment to Villanova.

Boakye is a 6 ’11 center who hails from Brampton, Ontario, Canada. 

A four-star recruit out of high school, Boakye was the No. 29 recruit in the Class of 2021. He was originally a member of the Class of 2022, but decided to come to college a year early. He was recruited by Arizona State, Michigan State, Illinois, Maryland, Oklahoma State and Texas Tech. He also has experience playing for Canada’s youth national teams. 

Boakye originally committed to play for coach Tom Izzo and the Michigan State Spartans. He committed to the Spartans on July 28, 2020 but de-committed in February of 2021. 

A month later, Boakye committed to Arizona State to play for head coach Bobby Hurley. After two seasons with the Sun Devils, he entered his name into the transfer portal. 

As a junior at Fresno State, Boakye averaged 7.5 points, 7.7 rebounds and 0.4 assists per game. He also shot 61.6% from the field. 

Boayke’s commitment is a massive pickup for the Wildcats. With senior forward Nnanna Njoku still recovering from knee surgery and redshirt senior Eric Dixons still undecided, Boakye adds much-needed depth at the forward position.

Boakye is head coach Kyle Neptune’s fourth pick up out of the transfer portal. With Shugla de-committed, Boakye will join fellow transfers Tyler Perkins and Jhamir Brickus as the newest upperclassman on the roster. 

With one year of eligibility remaining, Boakye will look to establish himself as a fan-favorite, a starter and a valued member of Neptune’s quest to rebuild the program.