Megan Olbrys Enters Transfer Portal

Sophomore forward Megan Olbrys is on the list of four Wildcats entering the transfer portal.

Sophomore forward Megan Olbrys is on the list of four Wildcats — including senior center Kylie Swider, freshman guard Abby Jegede and junior guard Lucy Olsen — entering the transfer portal.

After Jegede, Olbrys was the second Wildcat to announce her decision, doing so through an Instagram post on Tuesday, April 9.

“To the incredible Wildcat fans, my teammates, coaches, and supporters, I want to take a moment to express my gratitude for the unwavering support you have shown me throughout my time at Villanova,” Olbrys wrote in the announcement on Instagram.

Joining Villanova from Norwood High School in Massachusetts, Olbrys was a two-star recruit who earned the 2022 Massachusetts Basketball Coaches Association Player of the Year.

In her two seasons with the Wildcats, Olbrys made significant contributions off the bench. 

In 2022–23, Olbrys averaged 10.7 minutes and 2.4 points per game.

However, Olbrys received less time on the court in her second season at Villanova, averaging 7.2 minutes and 1.3 points per game. She achieved her season-high 5 points and 19 minutes in Villanova’s second game of the season against Oregon State.

Villanova is now losing six players on its 2023–24 roster, including the four players in the transfer portal and two graduating senior guards, Bella Runyan and Maddie Burke. Three freshmen will be joining the team for 2024–2025, leaving roster spots open for players transferring into Villanova.

The transfer portal will close on May 1.

“I am excited to explore what the next chapter holds,” Olbrys wrote.