WBB Signs Three Guards in 2024 Recruiting Class

Brian Luppy
Villanova officially signed Bascoe and Ceseretti after receiving verbal commitments from both earlier in the year.

With the 2023-2024 season now underway, so are the plans for the future. 

On Wednesday, Nov. 8, the Villanova Women’s Basketball Program announced it has officially signed three members to its 2024 recruiting class — 5-foot-11 guard Dani Ceseretti, 5-7 guard Jasmine Bascoe and 6-2 forward Rachel Wirts. 

The announcements were made via Twitter and Instagram and comes just 48 hours before the Wildcats take on Portland in their season opener. 

Ceseretti is from Barrington, Rhode Island, where she is currently playing for Barrington High School and has gained a reputation as a hometown hero.

In her freshman season at Barrington, Ceseretti was selected to the All-State team. She is believed to have a very high basketball IQ, with the ability to impact the game in a variety of ways. 

“When she gets [to Villanova], she can go right away and be a starter for them,” Ceseretti’s current coach Grace Rehnquist said to WPRI-TV. “And I’m just excited to see her progression. I’m excited to be able to sit back and put on my TV and watch Dani show up and be who she is.” 

Ceseretti orally committed to Villanova in January. Her signing comes on the first day 2024 recruits can officially sign to their collegiate program.

“I loved Villanova the second I stepped on campus, talking to the staff was amazing, meeting the girls was awesome,” Ceseretti said to WPRI-TV.  “I loved everything about it. Academically, I know they are going to push me, and I just can’t wait to grow as a player and person there.”

The second signee, Bascoe, comes from Milton, Ontario, Canada, and currently attends King’s Christian Collegiate High School. Outside of school, she has spent time playing on the Canadian National Team at the U18 level. 

Bascoe’s commitment came two months later than Ceseretti’s. She committed to the Wildcats on March 21, 2023 via her Instagram. 

She announced her decision with the caption “7-year-old me would be proud…”

Wirts, the third commit, comes from Greenwood, Indiana where she plays for Center Grove High School. 

“​​I had an amazing visit,” Wirts said to VUSports. “I was thoroughly impressed with the nursing and basketball program as well as the beautiful campus.” 

Prior to joining the varsity program at Center Grove, Wirst spent three years at Indianapolis Homeschool where she averaged 5.4 points and 6.3 rebounds in 84 games. She has also had extensive exposure through the AAU circuit. 

All three commits will join Denise Dillon and the official roster as freshmen for the 2024-25 season.