Big East Announces Major New Media Rights Agreement

The deal maintains FOX Sports as the Big East’s lead network provider. Additionally, NBC Sports and TNT Sports will provide full Big East basketball coverage for the first time, starting in 2025–26.

Big East athletics are becoming more nationally televised than ever. On Thursday, June 27, the conference announced a new six-year media rights agreement that was unanimously approved by the presidents of all 11 member institutions.

The deal maintains FOX Sports as the Big East’s lead network provider. Additionally, NBC Sports and TNT Sports will provide full Big East basketball coverage for the first time, starting in the 2025–26 season.

“The agreement will provide major national broadcast, cable and direct-to-consumer streaming coverage of Big East men’s and women’s basketball games and Olympic sport championship contests,” stated Thursday’s press release.

NBC’s Peacock streaming service will offer a package of 25 men’s basketball regular season games, as well as five early round and quarterfinal conference tournament games. Starting in the 2025–26 season, NBC Sports also agreed to present both men’s and women’s games during the regular season and Big East Tournament.

Another of the highlights of the deal is significantly enhanced women’s basketball coverage.

“Big East basketball is among the most prestigious in all of college sports, and we’re proud to be able to feature the men’s and women’s teams across our NBCUniversal platforms,” NBC Sports President Rick Cordella said in the announcement on Thursday. “The Big East has a storied basketball history, and we look forward to showcasing these games as the conference creates more memorable moments.”

The conference’s current deal with FOX Sports will expire at the end of the 2024–25 season.