Basketball season has arrived: New lottery and location, same excitement

In a time of great change and development on campus, this year’s basketball season comes with a new lottery system and more Wells Fargo games than students are accustomed to. So far, students seem to be taking well to the updated ticket system through the NovaStudents app. Registering for lotteries and tracking points can now be done effortlessly and efficiently. That is, if you have enough storage on your phone to download it. 

Although the student population is looking forward to playing games at Wells Fargo, it will now be a recurring challenge to get there. The Student Government Association has taken action and decided to circulate a petition to get free bussing to each of the games, as many students are unable or unwilling to pay for transportation to and from the Wells Fargo Center. The Wildcats need their famous student section cheering them on, so hopefully complimentary bus services will be offered by the time March Madness comes around. All of us here at The Villanovan hope that this brings about the necessary response. Despite these changes, the season still comes with the same amount of excitement and anticipation as any other. If we come together as a community and make an effort to get to every game this season, we will have the best season of memories to look back on—even without the Pavilion. We are sure that there are plenty of great tailgates, big wins and Jay Wright fashion statements ahead.