VillaVogue: Summer Style Predictions

Courtesy of Ciara Dursee
Summer is on its way, bringing new fashion trends.

Spring might have arrived in a hurry, but summer is turning the corner at full speed. We are hitting the end of the semester, approaching goodbyes to college friends and preparing to pack for the trip home. Nonetheless, let’s look at the bright side. We can take this moment to build excitement for warm weather and take the opportunity to try unexplored clothing trends. 

Although we are still over a month away from the summer season, this is a farewell to VillaVogue until the next school year begins. I must leave you with what I believe will be thriving this summer break. 

Below are 15 summer trend predictions you may use after waving goodbye to Villanova for the next few months. VillaVogue signing off, until August. 

1. Boho Jewelry 

Bohemian jewelry seems to always make a return to the spotlight of fashion accessory trends. Boho jewelry is rooted in the hippie style with unique features, such as bright colors, textiles, leather, rattan and other elements that differentiate it from mainstream fashion. The fringes and tassels are a classic boho look. I adore the tassel rattan fan earrings, upscaling any plain outfit. 

1. Overalls 

Back and more versatile than ever. From long pants to short, luxe fabrications to denim, there are unlimited ways to wear and style this apparel. Picture this: a tiny tee under a pair of overall shorts, one strap clipped and the other dangling comfortably. Add some sunglasses and a pair of sambas and you are set and stylish. 

1. Boxer Shorts 

Brandy Melville Keira Striped Boxer Shorts: the definition of the perfect pair of cute and cozy shorts. Boxer shorts are rising rapidly in popularity as a cheeky play on underwear and an appealing approach to personal style. Dress them up or down, the choice is yours. A pair of blue and white striped boxers with a white ribbed tank top, paired with a short navy zip-up is an alluring look that I guarantee will be a go-to this summer. 

1. Crawley Sandals 

A new show-stopping sandal is becoming the primary discussion point for overall shoe styles. The platform upscales the sandals to more than just an ordinary flip flop, projecting a more designer and niche style. Princess Polly carries the pair in cream and black shades that I would recommend everyone check out. 

1. Lace Top 

A touch of lace adds a delicate and elegant, yet sensual, flair to any piece of clothing. The fabric, when stitched onto the neckline specifically, provides a daring silhouette, adding taste to the attire. A maxi dress, with a lace-trim slip and satin material, is a breathtaking choice for a summer night. 

1. Canvas Tote Bags 

Two for the price of one: practical and dainty. A canvas tote is an easy and affordable way to carry around your daily essentials, while also styling a fun accessory. The best part is the variety of styles, colors, painted-on images, etc. the tote can come in. 

1. Sheer Bathing Suit Cover-Up 

From head to toe, a full-length sheer cover-up is a flattering choice to wear on the way to the beach. Perfect for lounging by the pool or the ocean, this dress amplified a basic maxi dress. 8. Knit Dresses 

Light to the touch, soft to the skin. Maxi knit dresses have become a hot commodity recently in winter fashion. Knit clothing can be hard to wear often in the hot summer air, but a thinner material is perfect for a breezy night at dinner. Not to mention the fit of the long dress is completely flattering to anyone wearing it, without a doubt. 

1. Boho Disc Leather Belt 

Again with the bohemian accessories, this boho belt has been catching my eye the more I see people styling it. The disc belt has a very vintage look because of the details along the lining of the circle plates and the rustic coloring. It is a game-changer, as opposed to a basic leather belt. 

1. Biker Shorts 

Biker shorts have stood as a popular pick, especially during the “hot girl walk” era that raved all over social media in the past few years. However, Aritzia’s current biker short collection is one to explore. The color options are endless: pastel, vibrant, neutral, whatever one desires. They are a cozy choice that can be worn not just for a workout class, but also as a casually endearing outfit to wear to class. 

1. Bows and Ribbons 

There is something so darling and charming about a little bow tied in the front of a top. A bow or ribbon tied as a detail to any piece of clothing is enough to impress, but lately, I have been loving the double bow on each side of a dress strap. It adds appeal to a basic dress and a sweet look overall. I think it will be taking over modern fashion soon. 

1. Pearl Earrings 

You can never go wrong with pearls. Captivating and enchanting; simple enough. Personally, in the summer, I love a good pop of color in a dangly earring, and white is an underground choice that works pleasantly. The pearl earring is made for everything and everyone. 

1. Strap Sandals 

Easy to throw on and cute to sport, chunky, strappy sandals are hitting their peak this summer. A similar style to the classic Birkenstock, these sandals are an easy slip-on summer shoe. Run, don’t walk, to your nearest to the Urban Outfitters that carries the Alohas Harper Leather Slingback Buckled Sandal. The minute I laid my eyes on these, I instantly knew they would be essential for June through August. 

1. Mesh Maxi Skirt 

Something about a mesh fabric that shapes anybody with perfect flattery. Maxi skirts have been a staple closet piece lately, and the mesh material is a game-changer for both luxury and elegance. Beginning Boutique carries a beautiful array of maxi skirts, especially the “When in Rome” pink print mesh maxi skirt. A graceful choice for a summer day. 

1. One-Piece Bathing Suit 

We have always known and loved one-piece bathing suits, starting at a young age, until we grow up and start investing in bikinis. I am simply notifying you now that one-pieces are in and a trendy option to pull out for a beach day in the coming months. With a variety of styles, from a v-neckline, to an open-back and even crisscross straps, these suits guarantee a glamorous beach appearance.