Philly Great Chef Event

[email protected]

If you can consider posting any or all of this information I would be very grateful as it will help us to raise awareness of this horrific disease.Kindest Regards,Lisa MillarFor Immediate ReleaseContact Info: Lisa Kaminsky- Millar, 1.866.484.CURE(2873) or 703.729.9897 [email protected] www.buyacookbook.org

Philadelphia is “Cooking Up A CURE” on May 14th, 2004

Georges Perrier, Walter Staib, Average Joe’s Sean Pashley and Others Featured as Celebrity Chefs

April 13, 2004 – Bensalem, PA – The Brad Kaminsky Foundation for Brain Tumor Research, a not for profit organization dedicated to raising awareness and funds for brain tumor research, will continue to build upon the momentum of Brain Tumor Action Week 2004 with the help of some of Philadelphia’s most renowned chefs and students from the Restaurant School at Walnut Hill College in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania.

Philadelphia chefs including Georges Perrier (Le Bec-Fin), Walter Staib (City Tavern), Olivier De Saint Martin(Caribou Café), Tony Clark, Robert Bennett (Miel Patisserie), Francesco Martorella (Bliss), The Restaurant School Chefs, Robert Patton, Ryan McNulty and Meg Christensen, Sean Pashley (Eulogy Belgian Tavern) of NBC’s The Average Joe 2, and more, will team up with Walnut Hill College students to host the first Cooking Up A Cure event on Friday, May 14th from 6 pm to 9 pm at The Restaurants on the campus of Walnut Hill College. The school will donate a portion of the events ticket sales to the Brad Kaminsky Foundation for brain tumor research at major research centers, including, the Hospital of the University of Pennsylvania.

The three-hour event, open to the public, will include meet and greets, numerous tastings (DiBruno Brother’s, Caviar Assouline, Yards Brewing company specialty beers), cookbook signings, cooking demonstrations including Chef Robert Patton, who will be dishing up Tug McGraw’s favorite Mussel dish in memory of this baseball legend. Additionally, the aspiring culinary students of the college will create sumptuous cuisine for attendees. A silent auction will also generate funds for brain tumor research. Tickets, available by calling 1-866-484-CURE (2873) or 215-757-1947, are only $50 per person. All food will be included in the price of admission.

“Brain Tumor Action Week brings into focus just how serious brain tumors are and how few treatment options for patients currently exist,” said Lisa Kaminsky-Millar, sister of Brad Kaminsky. Ms. Millar helped establish the foundation dedicated in her brother’s memory. “Our event continues to put the spotlight on hope, raising funds for critical research at centers of excellence.” she added.

-more-Page 2/Philadelphia is Cooking Up a CureBrad Kaminsky was a successful Doylestown, Pennsylvania Assistant District Attorney and father of two young children when he was diagnosed with a malignant brain tumor in 1999 at the age of 28. After his death, just nineteen months after his diagnosis, Kaminsky’s family and friends joined together to help raise awareness and funds for this often incurable disease.

According to American Cancer Society and the Pediatric Brain Tumor Foundation statistics, brain tumors are the most deadly of all childhood cancers and the leading cause of cancer related death in males ages 20-39.

Since its inception, the foundation has raised over $70,000 through various events in Pennsylvania, Maryland and Virginia including golf tournaments, auctions and the foundation’s very successful Cooking up a CURE cookbook, the brainchild of a good friend of Lisa Millar, Lisa Gibson, who would also tragically die of a brain tumor in October 2002 at the age of 32.

Now in its third printing, The Cooking up a CURE cookbook, contains recipes donated by patients with brain tumors and their caregivers. “The cookbook has been so successful it seemed a natural to do a tie-in with the culinary community in Philadelphia,” said Ms. Millar. The fourth volume is currently underway and will include recipes from Philadelphia’s finest chefs and restaurants.

Brain Tumor Action week, sponsored by the North American Brain Tumor Coalition runs from May 2nd to 9th. In addition to the fundraising event at The Restaurants, the foundation has received a generous donation from Clear Channel Outdoor Advertising to run a special billboard aiming to raise funds for brain tumor research through the sale of the Cooking Up A Cure Cookbook. “We are so grateful to the folks at Clear Channel for assisting us in raising awareness of this lethal disease,” said Ms. Millar. “We’ll have 12 advertisements throughout Pennsylvania announcing the cookbook and directing consumers to our website www.buyacookbook.org.” The billboards will debut in May. To find out more about the Brad Kaminsky Foundation for Brain Tumor Research, call 1-866-484 CURE (2873) or go to www.tbkf.org. To find out more about the Restaurant School at Walnut Hill College, call 215-222-4200 or visit www.therestaurantschool.com

###

Media Contact: Lisa Kaminsky-Millar The Brad Kaminsky Foundation 1-866-484-2873 www.tbkf.org