The Sun Hasn’t Set On Spring Break Travel Deals

[email protected]

THE SUN HASN’T SET ON SPRING BREAK TRAVEL Last-minute Travel Deals and Destinations Entice Procrastinators

February 1, 2005/Bridgeport, Conn. – Spring Break may be just around the corner, but the sun has not set on student travel bargains. In fact, some travel agents are now offering their best, last-minute specials to hot spots like South Padre Island, Acapulco and Panama City Beach – just weeks before spring breakers board the plane.

According to John Sullivan, CEO of Leisure Tours International (LTI), a leading spring break travel company, some of the hottest deals are yet to be posted to their site, SpringBreakDiscounts.com. In fact, he says, it is normal to see a soar in bookings in the last month from procrastinators that saved their pennies working over their winter break for a spring break vacation.

“Some students are still looking for the cheapest vacation option to experience a week of fun-filled freedom with their friends,” says Sullivan. “This time of year is big business for agencies like ours, and we are finding a major upswing in bookings. It’s definitely not too late to get a vacation bargain – but students should book now before everything is sold out.”

The reason for the procrastination? Many students want to wait and see what the “hot spots” are and where all their friends are going first, before making their travel plans. With less then a month left to book a vacation, travel experts reveal this year’s top five picks both national and internationally:

2005 Spring Break Hot Spots (According to SpringBreakDiscounts.com spring break 2005 student bookings.)

Domestic Hot Spots#1 South Padre Island, Texas#2 Panama City Beach, Florida#3 South Beach, Florida#4 Daytona, Florida#5 Lake Havasu, Arizona International Hot Spots#1 Acapulco, Mexico#2 Cancun, Mexico#3 Negril, Jamaica#4 Nassau, Bahamas#5 Mazatlan, Mexico

For those who still need to make travel plans, Leisure Tours offers some user-friendly tips for booking a last-minute Spring Break 2005. Here’s how to win:

1. Expertise = Value. Talk to a travel agent that “specializes” in Spring Break packages – they are extremely valuable when booking the best deals.

2. Hot Deals. Look for travel agents on the Web that are offering last-minute special pricing, only offered for a limited time.

3. Drive versus Fly. Consider a “drive down” destination versus a “fly down” location to cut back on costs (e.g. South Padre Island, Panama City Beach, South Beach, Daytona, etc.). Drive down packages can range between $150 and $500 per person.

4. Party Packages. Seek out vacations that offer free or discounted drink and meal plans. In addition, all-inclusive resorts can help students get the most out of their travel dollars.

5. Travel In Packs. Find five other people to travel with – discounts increase for groups of six or more. Groups of 12 get one vacation for free.

“Students should be shopping for a ‘low price guarantee’ to ensure they are getting the most competitive pricing,” says Sullivan. “For example, SpringBreakDiscounts.com will beat any comparable travel package by at least $20 per person”.

To date Sullivan has booked nearly 8,000 trips and he expects to see that number increase significantly before the month of March hits.

SpringBreakDiscounts.com is owned and operated by Leisure Tours International (LTI), headquartered in Bridgeport, Connecticut. Established in 1994, LTI, is a full-service travel agency specializing in Spring Break travel packages for both college and high school students. LTI is one of the most reputable student travel companies nationwide representing over 750 colleges and 10,000 travel agencies. For more information about LTI, or to see a full list of travel destinations, visit www.SpringBreakDiscounts.com or contact at 1-800-584-7370.

NOTE: Interview opportunities available. Photos available.