‘Nova seniors reminisce about past, ponder future

Daniella Bellafiore

After attending Villanova for three short-lived years, the Class of 2006 finally has reached the superior status of “Seniority.” One of the many perks of senior standing is the eligibility to attend all of the VUSeniors events, designed specifically for seniors by the Office of Student Life. Kicking off the year with a BBQ on Sheehan Beach, the VUSeniors committee offered the seniors something every college student learns to appreciate – free food. VUSeniors also threw in a prize basket full of goodies sporting the Villanova-emblem for one lucky senior who attended the BBQ. Combined with energetic music and a cloudless sky, September 1 was a great way to begin senior year. As the daily routine of class settles in, seniors’ thoughts will soon drift to thoughts of the future. VUSeniors will be hosting a Grad School Night on Monday, September 12 at 7 p.m. at the Career Café in Corr Hall for those considering furthering their education. Co-sponsored with Career Services, Grad School Night is a chance for students to better understand the basics regarding graduate school applications.Giving students a quick getaway from the pile up of work, VUSeniors invites all seniors and their parents for the Senior Golf Outing. This event will take place on Friday, September 16 at the Paxon Hollow Golf Course, shot gun start at 1:00pm. Only $75 per person, the cost includes cart and greens fees, prize holes and lunch coupons. All seniors can sign up as an individual or as a foursome before September 13 at 214 Dougherty Hall. Only one week later, VUSeniors gathers the Class of 2006 together again for Senior Spirit Night. On Saturday, September 24 at 7 p.m., seniors can cheer on the Wildcats as they face PENN under the lights of Franklin Field. VUSeniors is giving away a free shirt to the first 200 seniors who attend Spirit Night, so be sure to get there early. Students can pick up their prize tee shirt on September 22 or 23 in 214 Dougherty.Keep a head’s up for the VUSeniors sponsored Etiquette Dinner, a night designated to learning the art of dining in the “real world.” Seniors can enjoy a full course meal and a chance to tune up on the good manners that may have been lost during cafeteria dining. The dinner will take place on November 21 in a location to be announced. The VUSeniors Committee will be hosting events just for seniors throughout the year. The activities are a great chance to meet up with old friends and get to know the rest of the graduating class. Check in with the Office of Student Life, or browse www.villanova.edu/seniors for more information on any of these senior events.