Story Idea

[email protected]

Hi, I was not sure who to send this to so I figured someone would read this. Do you ever cover events at the Villanova Law School?

Author Brandt Goldstein will be speaking about his newly released book, STORMING THE COURT: How a Band of Yale Law Students Sued the President–and Won (Scribner), which is an “Erin Brockovich”-type story for the human rights world at Villanova Law School on Friday, October 21st at 3pm. He will be speaking with Villanova Law Professor, Michelle Anderson, one of the Yale law students whose heroic actions the book recounts. Storming the Court is the true account of idealistic law students who battled the U.S. government to free Haitian refugees detained at the American naval base at Guantanamo Bay in the early 1990s. The film rights to Storming the Court were purchased by Warner Bros. and a major motion picture is currently in development, with Michael Seitzman slated to direct. Storming the Court traces the origins of the legal battle over America’s use of Guantanamo as a prison, a hotly debated topic in our post- 9/11 world. The book also highlights the troubling ways politics can influence legal decisions as it follows the legal battle from the classrooms at Yale to the prison camp at Guantanamo and finally to the U.S. Supreme Court. Mr. Goldstein attended Yale Law School with the students at the center of the book, and spent six years interviewing all of the key players in the story, including the students, lawyers for both sides, government officials, and the refugees themselves. With his unique perspective as a lawyer and a writer, he has crafted a compelling story that blends human emotion and legal insight while examining a crucial moment in America’s legal and moral history.

Please visit www.brandtgoldstein.com for more information about Mr. Goldstein and Storming the Court and please let me know if there is any additional information I can provide for you. I can be reached via email or at 202.306.6036 and I look forward to hearing from you. Cheers,Rebecca Rebecca GrunfeldWashington Publicist for Brandt Goldstein202.306.6036- [email protected]