10 totally random questions for…

Alissa Ricci

What activities are you involved in on campus?I work at TechZone and play on intramural basketball and football teams.

When you were little, what did you think you wanted to be when you grew up?I wanted to be an astronaut because space is cool. It would be fun to see what’s out there and what it’s like.

What was your last purchase at the University Shop?I bought the new version of the ‘Nova Nation T-shirt, the dark blue one.

Where do you go when you need to escape campus for a day or two?Sometimes I’ll go home to the Bronx because it’s only a few hours away. Or I’ll go to King of Prussia Mall and just window shop. Sometimes I just drive around and don’t really go anywhere.

What is your greatest fear?Drowning. It would not be a fun way to go. [Laughs] I would hate to feel trapped and not be able to get up for air. I’m also afraid of heights. I’m not afraid of heights when I go on roller coasters, but more like if I’m standing on the edge at the top of a very tall building.

What is your favorite store to shop at?I would have to say Best Buy. It’s like a toy store to me because I’m an electrical engineer. All the technological gadgets are out in the open, and you can walk around and play with stuff.

Finish this sentence: People would be surprised to find out that…I volunteered for the NYPD the summer between my senior year of high school and freshman year of college. I participated in police training and went on a patrol with actual cops; it was fun.

What is your heritage?I’m 100 percent Italian. My family is from Naples and Calabria. I’m the fourth generation here in America.

What is your favorite part about being the head RA in Delurey Hall?There’s a sense of community in Delurey. Everyone knows everyone else there. Everyone is always hanging out together, and that makes all of us very close.

What are you dressing up as for Halloween?I haven’t thought about it yet. My friends and I were thinking about dressing up as our professors from the Electrical and Computer Engineering Dept., but they might not like that. [Laughs]