Letters to the Editor

Kudos to Villanova

To the editor:

Congratulations to the Villanova community for its accomplishments in the Day of Service.

I am proud to say that I am a Wildcat and among the ‘Nova Nation that participates in the great day.

Words that come to mind when I think of this event: Outstanding. Admirable. Willingness. Giving. Laudable. Learning. Amazing. Achievement. Charity. Well done, Villanova!

-Jonathan Madden, Sophomore

Student section: On the Move?

To the editor:

It was just announced that the No. 2 Villanova Wildcats’ game against the No. 5 William & Mary Tribe on Oct. 3 will be televised on the Versus Network. It will be the first ever CAA matchup to be nationally televised.

And yet, another football-related flaw with Athletics will be exposed. The television camera, as it has to be due to the sun location, will be located on the South (Home side) side. It will face the “Away side,” which is always nearly empty!

Unless it’s Parents’ Weekend or against Delaware, this is always the case and the support for the team looks bad even if the South stands are packed.

So what’s the flaw? Not that it’s empty (well, not the biggest flaw). But that a packed student section, which myself as a junior am always a part of, is buried in the corner of the South stands where it can have a minimal impact on the game. Why is it put there? It’s near the end zone, far from the benches and far from game play unless a team is on that goaline. This is a shame considering fans are sure to pack the stands and support the team, especially in a big game.

So do the football team, and VU a favor! Put the student section behind the visitors bench – it will look great on television for the school and it will help the team a lot better than if the students were buried in the corner of the stadium!

The students will be loud and will give the Wildcats the home field advantage they need.

-Jordan Myers, Junior